Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ultimate Recipe Swap - Parmesan Black Bean dip


It's Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom today.  Normally I don't participate in URS but today's topic is beans and I had to share my favorite bean dip!

I found this recipe on Kraft's website several years ago when I was looking for some dip recipes for cook-outs and get togethers.  Our house is the gathering house and so when we get together, it all happens at our house and I love to have plenty of stuff to serve. 

The Parmesan Black Bean dip is a five ingredient dip...gotta love that!

1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
1/4 cup KRAFT Italian Pesto Dressing
1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers (in brine), well drained, chopped
4 green onions, thinly sliced

And of course, this is a recipe from Kraft so they are going to recommend Kraft products.  I've made it with off brand items and had just as much luck (and normally use just plain Italian dressing...since we'll use it for other items).

You'll want to mash the beans up really good...  I mash the beans before adding the cheese or dressing (the recipe calls for mixing it all together).  I just put the beans into a shallow square bowl and use a fork to mash the crud out of them.  Then I mix in the cheese and dressing and then add the peppers and onions at the end.

We serve ours with Tostito LIME chips.  Oh my.  This is to die for in my book!  It isn't pretty (it's actually pretty darn scary looking) but it is so heavenly!  Even Kraft doesn't have a picture of it on it's website!  It really is a good, flavorful dip.  You can pair it with just about any cracker or chip even...  The lime flavoring on the lime chips really gives it a kick though.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment