Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Booking It 2010

San Diego Serenade
Another romantic historic novel by Kathleen Fuller.  Another quick, predictable read.  It was done in a day - these are sometimes my favorite books though.  Sometimes I need something quick and easy that doesn't take a lot of thought!

Cat and Mouse
Okay, so I've often said if James Patterson shows up on my doorstep and asks me to leave with him - I'd be gone.  He writes excellent books and I love, love, love reading them.  It doesn't matter if I've read it once (or even two or three times prior) - I'm always on the edge of my seat while reading his stuff!  I think having a conversation with him would be amazing - although sometimes I think I'm not sure I'd want to know how his mind works!  The next one in his Alex Cross group is Pop Goes the Weasel which I just so happen to have in my own bookcase!

House Rules
Ohmygosh.  I LOVE Jodi Picoult.  Seriously.  She is amazing.  Yes, many of her books have the same premise (a crazy medical/personal battle/issue and a court case and being told by several different people) but she truly makes me devour a book.  532 pages?  Yep - done in just a matter of days.  I started it on a Thursday evening (like 9:30, read for 30 minutes) and didn't get to read at all hardly on Friday or Saturday.  I picked it up hardcore Sunday though and did nothing Monday evening but read.  It's times like those when I'm extra thankful my momma feeds my kiddo before I pick her up and that she can entertain herself!  I read from 7:00 to 9:00 and did little else...  Then after bedtime I read for another hour and a half and ta-da!  All done.  If you're a Jodi Picoult fan, then be sure you check this one out too.  I had to be on the waiting list at our library...I think it was between two and four weeks before I got it.

Wild at Heart
Another book off the Dave Ramsey suggested reading list... I've found that a lot of the books on the list REALLY make me think and this one is no exception.  This one is by John Eldredge and while I've actually been working on it for over two weeks now...it is a really good book!  I love a good non-fiction book but when books like Cat and Mouse and House Rules get into my hands, the non-fiction always gets set aside.  Anyways, the subtitle to this book is Discovering the Secret's of a Man's Soul and it dives in deep.  I've actually taken quite a few notes on this book as I've read through it.  Things it asks me to consider (about my husband and even myself) and for the male reader to ask oneself.  I've only got 60 pages or so to go and hope to finish it up by the end of this week.

So what's next on my list?  Kurt and Brenda Warner's First Things First:  The Rules of Being a Warner.  I'm not quite sure how I stumbled upon this one, but I did so it's on the list.  Also there is another book from the Dave Ramsey list by Meg Meeker and The Sharper the Knife, the Less you Cry by Kathleen Flinn (on the recommendation of another Booking It blogger!).  And I'm thinking I need to add an "old school" book in there too - something like The Color Purple or I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.  It just might depend on what is on my shelf in the back room.

No comments:

Post a Comment