Friday, January 15, 2010

Marsh's meat sale shopping trip

It is times like these when I wish I was a stay-at-home mom who could hit the stores first thing in the morning to take advantage of their awesome sales!  But because I'm a working momma who likes to sleep as much as possible (which means no getting up early and going before work - which is a very good idea that never works for me!), I wasn't able to get to Marsh until tonight at 8pm.  BUT waiting was worth it - I got to help a friend with her meat sale purchases as well.  She hears me talk about my grocery savings but she wanted to see it in action.

So I purchased:

1 Pillsbury holiday frosting (yes, yes - Christmas is over but it'll keep!) was $2.22 for $.11 ...  But wait!  Closer inspection at my receipt shows the icing at $.75 and I had a $.50 coupon that doubled to $1 so Marsh paid me to buy that icing.  Woohoo!  I didn't even notice at the register!  The tag read $2.22 and 50% off (so 1.11) and I had that coupon (taking off $1.00) so I thought $.11 - but I was wrong!

1 Marsh milk was $2.69 for $2.39
4 Eckrich smoked sausage was $15.96 for $7.12
1 Tiger Bay pollock filets was $3.99 for $1.99

And that's it!  I only went for the meat sale tonight.  I'll be going back Sunday to take advantage of the rest of their sale.  For tonight though, before card and coupon my total was $23.39 and after card and coupon my total was $11.25 - saving $12.89 which is 53%.

My total items purchased was seven for $1.61 price per item total.  And I just realized that the bottom of my receipt is not tracking my savings for the year...what a bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment