Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Book It 2010

For the first time in a long time...I started a book and didn't finish it.  I am a proud Dave Ramsey follower.  He is my "boyfriend" and I've actually told people that.  Back in December there was a special on his website that a friend and I took advantage of.  One of the books Rae chose was his book titled More Than Enough.  I told her when she got done with it that I'd like to read it.  Well...  I started it.  I didn't finish though. 

I don't know...there was just something about this book that I couldn't get into.  And knowing that her husband wanted to read it (or she wanted her husband to read it...you know how that works sometimes), I decided to go ahead and give it back to her.  Someday I'm sure I'll pick it up and read it...I just think I'm still smack dab in the middle of my Total Money Makeover and am not ready for that stage yet.

So, when I put that one down I picked up Jodi Picoult's Handle with Care.  Ohmygosh.  I couldn't put it down (as always).  I started it on Thursday evening and finished it Sunday evening.  It was a great book!  It is similar to her other books...a very personal, heart-wrenching decision that is made and a court case.  And the ending...ends just like several of her others.  I should have known it was coming but I finished it...and then threw it down on the couch and said, "I hate her!".  Brian laughed at me and I had to explain to him why...not sharing that here though because I don't want to ruin it for anyone else.

And LeeAnn and I didn't make it to the library Sunday (or Monday!) so when we went tonight I picked up three books:  JD Salinger's Catcher in the Rye, Karen Kingsbury's Divine and James Patterson's Kiss the Girls.  Quite the mix there, huh?  I decided recently (earlier this month maybe?) that I needed to reread all those books that were required of me in high school.  I've also put myself on a "reread all James Patterson's Alex Cross novels" kick so that's why that one is there.  And the Karen Kingsbury one?  I just love her. 

So, I'm off to read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment