Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekly shopping trip at Marsh...

I've decided that I've gotten out of my deal/bargain/stockpiling mode and just can't seem to get back to where I need to be.  I've gone to the store listless, menu-planless and couponless more than I care to admit in the last few weeks.  I don't know what's up with me and my actions but this trip is proof that I need to get my butt in gear...

We were able to purchase:
2 packs center cut pork chops was $7.18 for $3.56
2 Food Club shredded cheese was $5.68 for $3.76
3 bags Riceland rice was $7.95 for $4.95 (to donate at church this next Sunday)
1 LaChoy dinner kit was $4.39 for $2.00
1 bag grapes was $6.49 for $2.10 (and they are GOOOOOOOD)
3 Aunt Millie's breads (bread, hamburger buns and hot dog buns) was $9.37 for $1.44

Along with the standards of milk, yogurt, fresh veggies and lunch meat and a few other things and we spent only $43.45 - saving 18.80, a measly 30%.

We have meal ideas for the week (bbq beef sandwiches - roasts in the freezer, chili cheese dogs - dogs in the freezer, pork chops, grilled cheese and lunch meat sandwich) so it was nice that we didn't have to buy a lot of stuff but I just feel like I should be spending more (to keep what we have stocked) but I just haven't been up to par lately.

So 21 items ends up being $2.06 per item which is pretty high for what we do.  Almost everything we bought was on sale too - just not sale enough.  Ugh.  I'm disappointed in myself.  I need to get with it!  Here's hoping next week is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment