Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sometimes I spend money to "save money"

and it drives me crazy!  Sometimes I just can't make my brain work and realize I'm spending when I wouldn't normally but because I have a coupon I do.  Ugh, ugh, ugh.

The most recent example of this?  I had two "$2 off your next Kroger shopping trip" that expire Monday.  Since I was working in Lebanon on Thursday and I wasn't back down there before Monday, I decided to use them.  So I didn't see anything in the ad I wanted...I decided to get a couple Valentine's Day cards.  I was going to get one from LeeAnn to Brian and one from us to LeeAnn.  Then I noticed a sign that said "Buy 3 cards, save $1.50" so I picked up a third card (from me to Brian).

I spent $1.99 to save $1.50.  Um.  Yeah.  How smart is that!?  Who knows...

So I purchased
2 cards @ $3.29
1 card @ $1.99
For a total of $8.57 - $1.50 (buy 3 deal) - $2.00 - $2.00 (two coupons I had) for a subtotal of $3.07 ($3.56 w/ tax).  I saved $5.50 which was 64%.

So, I wanted to get cards and I spent money when I hadn't planned but three cards for $3.50'ish is pretty good (even if I planned to spend more than I wanted).  I hope Brian and LeeAnn enjoy their cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment