Monday, February 1, 2010

And I remembered Kroger had a Mega Event going on too...

So I swung through the store after work today (since I was right next door!).  I only purchased a few things...10 items that were on the Mega Events list plus two bags of rice that I had coupons for.

I bought:

1 New York Texas Toast was $3.87 for $.99
4 Philly Cream Cheese was $5.96 for $3.96
2 Frank's Hot Sauce was $5.96 for $.38
3 Quaker rice cakes was $7.74 for -$.78 (yes, Kroger paid me to buy the rice cakes!)
2 Ortega rice (new product) was $4.28 for $.50

So my total before card and coupons was $27.81 and after cards and coupons it was $5.05 - saving 81%!  I didn't know the Quaker coupons would give me overage (I don't think Kroger normally does that) but I didn't realize it until I sat down to do this write up.  The Franks and Philly Cream cheese will make at least two dinners of Buffalo Chicken (yum!) and the rice cakes are great snacks for me to take to work.  The rice bags will go with tacos on two seperate occasions and the garlic bread will last two meals too.  I worked that out quite well, if I do say so myself.

I bought 12 items for a $.42 price per item.  Sweet!  My savings to date (which Kroger tracks funny is $18.01 - which is just what I saved with my card, not my total savings including coupons).  Hooray for Kroger!

No comments:

Post a Comment