Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ultimate Recipe Swap - Buffalo Chicken

So I've just recently started linking from my blog to others (actually, as of right now - I've done it once) but I want to get out there more and share more so I'm linking in to Life As Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap.  This is a Thursday standard for her and I thought today is as good a day as any to get in on the fun.

Her recipes for today are quick, easy, meals that fill you and warm you in winter.  One of my favorite go to recipes (that I just had tonight!) is Buffalo Chicken.  Neither my husband or I measure anything in the kitchen...we just throw it in until it looks good.  So here's what I use for this recipe:

  • some cooked chicken breasts (either boneless/skinless or split breasts with the meat pulled from the bone) diced and/or shredded (if it is warm, I shred it...if it is cold I dice it)
  • Frank's Hot Sauce
  • cream cheese - one block (8oz maybe?)
  • ranch or bleu cheese dressing (sometimes a ranch dressing dry packet)
    • Sometimes I cook the chicken ahead (like I did tonight) and will have it in the fridge for a couple days or will put it in a baggie and freeze it (already diced/shredded)
    • I put the cream cheese into a pan (this can also be done in a crockpot - the longer it cooks, the hotter it gets!) along with some Frank's (enough to look good) and the ranch (liquid or powder - I prefer the powder so it isn't as runny) and let it get melty and hot.
    • I add the chicken into it, let it all heat through and serve with tortilla chips.  We've also tried it with a flour tortilla shell, a big green leaf lettuce and some veggies (onion and jalapeno).  We like it hot!
And this recipe is never the same.  Tonight I didn't have a regular ranch dry packet - all I had was Fiesta Ranch so that is what I put in.  Sometimes it is hotter than others...more Franks versus not so much Franks.  In any way - it is quick, easy and warms you right up!

No comments:

Post a Comment