Her recipes for today are quick, easy, meals that fill you and warm you in winter. One of my favorite go to recipes (that I just had tonight!) is Buffalo Chicken. Neither my husband or I measure anything in the kitchen...we just throw it in until it looks good. So here's what I use for this recipe:
- some cooked chicken breasts (either boneless/skinless or split breasts with the meat pulled from the bone) diced and/or shredded (if it is warm, I shred it...if it is cold I dice it)
- Frank's Hot Sauce
- cream cheese - one block (8oz maybe?)
- ranch or bleu cheese dressing (sometimes a ranch dressing dry packet)
- Sometimes I cook the chicken ahead (like I did tonight) and will have it in the fridge for a couple days or will put it in a baggie and freeze it (already diced/shredded)
- I put the cream cheese into a pan (this can also be done in a crockpot - the longer it cooks, the hotter it gets!) along with some Frank's (enough to look good) and the ranch (liquid or powder - I prefer the powder so it isn't as runny) and let it get melty and hot.
- I add the chicken into it, let it all heat through and serve with tortilla chips. We've also tried it with a flour tortilla shell, a big green leaf lettuce and some veggies (onion and jalapeno). We like it hot!