Friday, December 25, 2009

Mid-week shopping - trips I haven't shared

So sometimes in the middle of the week I run to the store because I need something or something is on sale and I decided to go ahead and get it...  Here's three trips that are just that.

Trip #1 - butter for baking (will go to the freezer!):
6 Borden salted butter quarters was $20.94 for $11.94 (no coupons)
     saved 43%

Trip #2 (taco night!):
I bought tomatoes, black beans, sour cream and cilantro - was $5.92 for $4.99
     saved a whopping 16%

Trip #3:
2 10lb Russet potatoes was $7.98 for $3.99 (B1G1 free)
heavy cream
milk
     Total was $15.56 before card and $10.81 after card (no coupons), saved 31%

So not my best trips (obviously) but when you forget something on your weekly trip or stop in after work to pick up "just one thing" it adds up and the savings aren't nearly as good because it isn't all planend out.  But I just say oh well and go on knowing that it will probably happen again because I'm forgetful and no where near perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment