Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekly Shopping

So our weekly shopping trip got bumped from the weekend (usually Saturday or Sunday) to Monday this week. Saturday I battled some nasty 24-hour bug thing...I was in bed from noon until 9pm with very little movement or awake-time. And then yesterday was my birthday (and I'm 30 AGAIN, thank you very much) so my day was a little different than a normal Sunday.

Since Brian is still off of work because of surgery (scheduled tomorrow at 12:45), he was home this evening and we decided to hit Marsh as soon as I was done working. And once again, the bad thing? We went in list-less. Ugh. Shopping without a list and a meal plan in mind is a BAD thing. Seriously. Don't do it. I don't know why I've done it so often in the last month or so! I wouldn't recommend it for your wallet.

Now, on to my savings.

The total spent was $70.40 (less than our budget for the week - WOOT!). So we saved $62.55 on our order today...that was 47% savings. That also doesn't factor in the savings on a ham (another one of those rain checks from their sale a few weeks ago!).

Our year to date savings at Marsh is: $2239.63 and we've still got a month and a half to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment