Monday, June 21, 2010

We hit up Marsh for our normal weekly shopping...

We didn't get much really, or at least it didn't seem like we did.

5 Eckrich smoked sausage was $20.95 for $7.25
2 Armor meatballs was $7.58 for $5.00
2 Wavy Lays was $7.98 for $4.00
1 Aunt Millie's Slimwiches was $2.99 for $1.70
2lbs strawberries was $5.89 for $2.98

Along with ricotta cheese, yogurt, sour cream, frozen corn, lunch meat, fresh fruits and veggies, black beans, ranch seasoning, roasted red peppers and milk and we spent $55.06, saving 32% or $25.51, a measly amount in my eyes.

But there were a few things we bought that weren't on sale and I didn't have a coupon for (which is highly unusual). Items like the frozen corn, sour cream, black beans, roasted red peppers and ranch seasoning were all full price with no coupons. I knew though that we weren't going to spend our full budget (just because the sale was lacking in my opinion) and decided to get a few things we wouldn't normally.

I used the black beans and roasted red peppers to make a parmesan black bean dip (I had the rest of the ingredients in my pantry - only needed parmesan cheese, italian dressing and green onions (which we left out)). We hadn't had it for a long time but had a bag of Lime tortilla chips open and it sounded good so that's what we did!

We've saved $1300.86 at Marsh alone this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment